The best way to significantly reduce debugging time and increase software quality
is to prevent errors from occurring during the development process. One
well-recognized method for preventing errors is coding standards enforcement.
CodeWizard prevents errors by automatically enforcing over 170 industry-accepted
C/C++ coding standards. CodeWizard's flexibility makes it easy for you to choose
which rules are enforced and create custom rules that apply to your own particular
needs. By integrating CodeWizard into your development process, you can prevent
software errors, improve code quality, and reduce debugging time.
To learn more about CodeWizard, see:
- Coding standards grouped according to programming concepts and severity
- Rule suppression allows you to enforce rules when you need them
- Not "noisy"; only meaningful violations reported
- Enforces complicated rules
- Custom rule creation; simple rules can be written in a matter of minutes
- Prevents entire classes errors, which reduces time spent on development, support,
- Optimizes code reviews
- Improves code readability and design
- Frees developers to focus on more important, complicated tasks
- Supports short development cycles
- Improves application reliability
CodeWizard is available for the following platforms.
- Windows NT/95/98/2000/Me (supports Visual C++ 6.0)
- UNIX, including: DEC (Alpha 4.x), HP (HPUX 10.x & 11), IBM (AIX 4.x), Linux,
SGI (Irix 6.x & 6.x 64-bit), and Solaris 2.x.