Insure++4.1 Updates 11/23/98
1. Notes for HP-UX11.0:
- Gcc is supported with the "Insure++.symbol_table off" option.
- All 64-bit modes are also supported with "Insure++.symbol_table
- All GUIs (except Inuse) support 64-bit mode.
- LRT (i.e., "Insure++.interface_preference tql") mode does not
work in 64-bit mode in HP11.
- POSIX Thread Draft 10 (pthread) for 32-bit mode is now supported.
- The option "-Wl,-a,archive" is not supported since "libc.a" is
brain-dead (shl_load, shl_findsym, and shl_unload" symbols are
- The "Insure++.static_linking on" option is not supported.
Insure++4.0 -> Insure++4.1
- Faster, Better Parser, including full egcs 2.9.0/g++ 2.8.0 support
- Faster, Better Runtime
- Miscellaneous Bug Fixes
- New Suppressions for Insra w/ Insure (to match our CodeWizard product)
- Users can now insert, modify, delete, save, and add comments to
suppression options for Insure++ messages.
- Generally improved functionality for Insra, including:
- suppressions across different view modes, automatic duplicate
- error suppression for CodeWizard, etc.
- Ability to add comments to suppressions
- More customization options, including:
- insra.viewmode [by_error|by_file|by_time|off|tool]
Specifies initial view mode (i.e. order in which error messages
- format_alias char * CString
Supports classes which imitate other built-in types for convenience
in functions like printf.
- format_suppress llx
Suppresses error messages from Insure++ about bad format strings
(to printf, etc.) which are not actually bad but use non-standard
- New "AutoReports" option for Inuse
- Digital Unix 4.0d support (alpha4)
- AIX 4.3 support
- Supports the installation of Insure++ in the same directory
for different versions of the AIX operating system. That is,
Insure++ for AIX 4.1.3, AIX 4.2.1 and AIX 4.3 can all coexist
in the "/usr/local/Parasoft" directory. For example, install
the distribution on one version of the OS, then login and execute
the following on each of the other OS versions:
- On AIX 4.3, if your DISPLAY is not the console and you are
getting the "Error: Can't open display: host_name:0" message,
you need to reset your DISPLAY environment variable to the
numeric IP address of the display host, e.g.
setenv DISPLAY 22.214.171.124:0
For more information, call (888) 305-0041, fax (626)305-9048, or