Insure++ 5.x for Windows NT/95/98/2000
Release Notes for Insure++ 5.x
The following features and fixes are new to Insure++ 5.x:
The following features and fixes are new to Patch Level 02/09/99 - P1:
- Intermediate code instrumentation - an alternative instrumentation
mode to source code instrumentation. It is generally not as thorough
as source code instrumentation, but intermediate code instrumentation
does find overflows, uninitialized variables and pointers, and
performs coverage. The main advantage of intermediate code is that
the build time is much faster than source code instrumentation.
(Config page of InsurePanel)
- Symbolstrategy API. This is a new method of reading symbol table for improved runtime
performance. See the Config page of InsurePanel.
- Support for Windows NT Terminal Server
- Improved support for COM objects and NT services.
Machine-specific options in addition to user-specific options (General page of InsurePanel).
Easy access to Image File Execution Options (Advanced Page of InsurePanel).
- Improved parser
- General bug fixes
Insure++ 5.x Readme
- Fix for DevStudio thinking that object files are out of date on when some projects are built
with intermediate code instrumentation.
- Fix for instrtempdir option
- Fix for uninstallation leaving Insure++ toolbar.
- Fix for runtime access violation caused by certain cases of intermediate
- Fix for runtime access violation caused by symbol table reading
- Upon encountering unhandled access violation, replace silent failure with
catching access violation and reporting it
- Improved diagnostics for licensing problems
- demangle off (fix for obscure runtime problem)